Worthy stuff to watch and read - 19
- Top 10 strangest things in space
Elon Musk doing AMA on Reddit last Monday, few hours before launching a rocket that was supposed to land its first stage to the drone ship few miles off the coast.
The Mars transport system will be a completely new architecture. Am hoping to present that towards the end of this year. Good thing we didn't do it sooner, as we have learned a huge amount from Falcon and Dragon.
New Year celebrations on board of International Space Station, with pics
- HAL, Mother, and Father - Watching the sixties and seventies through 2001 and Alien
- NASA releases fresh 1.5 Gigapixel photo of the Andromeda galaxy. You can view it in your browser.
- Projections in the Forest - short film about couple of guys projecting animations live on flora and fauna of the pine forest
- 257 CES gadgets in 3 minutes, epic video by TheVerge
- This blog is officially migrated to be HTTPS only. The last tip was recent episode of ATP podcast, where they spoke about ways how HTTP traffic can be altered by free wifi networks - on board of an airplane in particular. I vaguelly recall some wifi networks embedding a huge banner on top of every page served via HTTP. Horrible thing to do, but one way to avoid this is to serve content via HTTPS - this way nothing (in theory) can interfere between your browser and original server.
- I also added Cloudfront distribution - basically a CDN that serves these pages to people from geographically most optimal location. People in US might notice a slight difference.
- Using Cloudfront actually provides you with a free HTTPS option. Catch is if you decide to use your custom domain - then you have to buy your own certificate that belongs to your domain.