18 Jan 2015
Worthy stuff to watch and read - 20
- A guy goes to Cineworld cinema and (allegedly) attempts to do a screen rip of a film. In 3D. With a custom video camera rig he constructed. Staff calls the police. Guy denies everything. Judge says there was absolutely no legal basis for the case.
- 365 - one second of animation every day
- Trendy Cafe
- HTTPS everywhere
- Landing attempt of the Falcon rocket on a sea drone ship.
Close, but no cigar. This time.
- Radio Badger's first episode of this year is live. Featuring very short and very special interview with Commander Chris Hadfield of the Canadian Space Agency.
- After testing SSL status of these pages with SSLLabs service turned out there were some problems with incomplete chain of certificates. Basically when you upload certificate to AWS, you have to specify all the intermediatory certificates in a correct order. I ended up creating a special certificate chain file, as was instructed by AWS docs, and now everything is fine. Should put everything into a blogpost at some point.
- It was snowing in London yesterday.
Tweet of the week
"We see it as a long-term revenue source for SpaceX to be able to fund a city on Mars." World's reaction: Ah ha ha hah omg he's serious. via @levie