- Long read on designing recently released Twitter Video feature. I’d say it is a rare insight into how engineering at Twitter works, with lots of details, phases of the prototypes and pictures.
One thing became clear — there was no good sense of feedback while using it. The culprit was the progress bar. With a 30 second time limit, that thing moves very slowly and it doesn’t reinforce that you’re recording. It also had the side effect of encouraging users to fill it up or worse, make them feel like they needed to fill it up.
- A beautiful but unpractical idea of laying biking paths in the abandoned London tube tunnels
- Adblock’s principles of acceptable ads. Stack Overflow largely follows same principles by the way.
- Recently opened Sky Garden of London City, visited and reviewed by Roisi
- Delete This Episode - fresh episode of the Stack Exchange podcast with Joel Spolsky on careers in software, and using $40M to find a better job for developers in need of one
- Tim Ferris show special episode with the gouvernator Arnold
Tweet of thought
- Snowmen protesting in front of Saudi Arabia embassy in Helsinki
- Currently rendering trailer for my timelapsing short film. Film (and trailer) will be released in 2D, 3D, 4K and HD formats, and it takes quite a bit of time to render all these versions. I think I’ll also render an Instagram version.